2014 Ontario Sailing COMBINE
ONTARIO SAILING TEAM TRYOUT
September 25 – 26, 2014
Portsmouth Olympic Harbour (Kingston)
Cost: $141.25 ($125.00 plus HST)
Athletes interested in becoming members of the 2014/2015 Ontario Sailing Team and Ontario Sailing Development Team are invited to attend the third annual Ontario Sailing Team COMBINE.
The COMBINE is a two-day camp that will give athletes an opportunity to showcase their sailing skills and fitness. This camp will provide an opportunity for the Ontario Sailing Team High Performance Coach, Ontario Sailing Development Coach and selected guest experts to perform talent identification and skill development exclusively for Ontario athletes.
Classes invited to this year’s COMBINE include: 29er, 49er, FX, 420, Laser, Techno 293, RSX, Laser Radial and Optimist* (limited to sailors planning on transitioning to a different class for the 2014 season).
The on-water portion of the COMBINE will include different drill stations that will allow athletes to demonstrate specific skills (e.g. tacking, gybing, starting, acceleration, hoists/douses, racing) to the coaching team. Athletes will also participate in fitness testing which will be used as a benchmark for future Team camps.
At the end of the camp, the top performing boat in each class will be announced by the coaching staff and will automatically qualify for a position on the Ontario Sailing Team or Ontario Sailing Development Team.
– Fitness testing and results
– Skill analysis and development through video de-briefings and feedback from expert coaches
– Limited edition COMBINE T-shirt
– Chance to earn a position on the Ontario Sailing Team or Ontario Sailing Development Team
– Consultation and feedback on yearly program
What to Bring:
– Your signed Par-q Form (attached to your confirmation email upon registration) please note that this form requires a parent\’s signature if you are under the age of majority.
– Sailing gear
– Fitness gear (running shoes, shorts, shirt)
– Yearly training Plan
– Racing Rules of Sailing