About Ashbridge’s Bay Yacht Club
Ashbridge’s Bay Yacht Club (ABYC) is located in the heart of The Beach just East of downtown Toronto. Founded in 1932, ABYC is a volunteer-based, not-for-profit organization with, marine, clubhouse, sailing school and gas dock facilities. ABYC offers a licensed bar and dining facilities and operates year round. ABYC has close to 500 members with 275 slips for both sail and power and offers both an active racing and cruising program.
ABYC is seeking a candidate for the position of General Manager. This full-time position will report directly to the Senior Vice-Commodore, and will work cooperatively with the Board of Directors. The duties and responsibilities will also include providing leadership and guidance to the Food and Beverage operations, Kitchen, Sailing school and all other staff employees, instructors, and contract workers.
Skills and qualifications
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent with progressive levels of responsibility within a club environment
- Strong leadership skills, and gets things done attitude (executes)
- Strong club financial knowledge including financial management tools
- Strong MS Office suite abilities, Jonas knowledge a plus
- Food and beverage management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work with a Board of Directors
- Strong customer focus
- Knows how to prioritize tasks and projects
Interested candidates should send their résumés and a covering letter by mail or email in strict confidence before March 26th, 2016 to: email@example.com
Only those candidates qualified for interviews will be contacted.