The Buffalo Canoe Club is looking for a General Manager.
The Buffalo Canoe Club, located in Ridgeway Ontario, is a private, member-owned yacht club founded in 1882. The BCC, whose membership exceeds 1,200, operates year round (limited during winter months) and has an annual budget of over $2 million. The club is financially sound and has a strong and steady membership of both Canadians and Americans.
The club has a strong sailing tradition and hosts at least one major championship regatta each year. In addition to a strong sailing program, the BCC boasts a very strong and active social component for families. While many members are from the Buffalo, NY area there are also a significant number of Canadian members.
World renowned as a premier sailing venue, the BCC has one of the best recreational beaches in the province accompanied by a club house and grounds that are breathtaking to first time visitors.
Potential candidates should have relevant operating and general management experience in a private club or in a resort/hospitality environment. Experience in a marine environment would be an asset but not necessary. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Work closely with a volunteer Board of Directors to develop a strategic plan and achieve associated goals, focused on building the Membership base and expansion and renovation of Facilities.
- Develop and lead a cohesive team focused on delivering high quality Member events and services.
- Build and manage an outstanding and profitable food and beverage operation.
- Manage all aspects of the Club’s finances and financial procedures to ensure on-going strength and growth.
- Resolve conflict amongst the competing desires and priorities of Club Membership.
Excellent member/customer service skills are obviously vital.
To apply for this position or to obtain more information about the position, please e-mail: GM@madvice.com