Be Safe on the Water!
It’s the Canada Day Long Weekend!
Ontario Sailing wishes everyone a great weekend of sailing and boating!
As Sailing Schools open up their doors next week for the first time this summer, we just wanted to remind you to:
- Review your Emergency Action Plan with your staff.
- Make sure everyone is wearing their PFDs while on the docks and in the boats.
- Check your safety gear for sailboats, coach boats and docks.
- If at deep water location with docks, are there ladders to help get out of the water.
- Review call out procedures if there is an emergency.
- Check that all your staffs’ standards are current (Ontario Sailing can assist with this).
- Make sure everyone is wearing sunscreen and hats and sunglasses are tied on.
- Dress for the weather.
- Remember that water shoes or shoes are always recommended.
- Hydrate often!