On Lake Couchiching 90 Minutes North of Toronto
Head of Sail Position
For over 60 years Camp Wahanowin has provided a significant and memorable camp experience to thousands of children and young adults. We are committed to this tradition of giving children and the staff we employ the opportunity to establish lifelong friendships, learn new skills, gain an appreciation for the outdoors, achieve independence and be a contributing member of “our” camp community.
The Head of Sail plays an integral role at camp. This person is responsible for organizing, supervising, motivating and encouraging both staff members, and campers at the sail area and making a significant contribution as a part of the Senior Staff team.
- Full time residential employment in July and August, plus spring and fall options
- Lead and supervise staff of 4 or 5 sailing instructors
- Coordination of sail program, levels, theme days, regattas
- Equipment maintenance, inventory
- Assist in campwide programs, support Senior staff directives from Camp Directors
- Support camp policies and philosophies
- Previous Camp Experience an asset
- Extensive boat knowledge and sailing technique, specifically Hunter and Hobe Cat vessels
- Boat Smart Certification
- Minimum Bronze Cross
- Must be Over 18
- Clear Background Check
- Enthusiasm for sailing, working with children and camp living
- Base Salary
- Room and Board
- Access to Camp Activities & Facilities
- Extensive Staff Programming, Events
- Great Experience
- Great Location
For More Information about Wahanowin, visit http://www.wahanowin.com/
Apply through our website or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
CLICK HERE for a copy of the job posting.