Ontario Sailing Selection criteria for 2017 Canada Summer Games (CSG) Competitors
- An Ontario CSG eligibility score will be calculated based on the results of the CORK Olympic Classes Regatta being held August 19-24 2016 for the Laser (Male), Laser Radial (Female), and July 30-31st The 9er Canadians for 29er (Male), 29er (Female). For the 2.4M class the results will be based on the Canadian Championships dates for August 8-14 2016, Point Claire Yacht Club (top classified Sailor in event).
- Competitors shall compete at the Ontario CSG Trial event to be eligible for the CSG.
- Two races are required to be completed to constitute the CSG eligibility score to determine the Ontario representative to the CSG in each class.
- In the event that two races are not completed in the Ontario CSG Trial event, Ontario Sailing will appoint the competitors for the CSG at its sole discretion.
- The boat with the lowest CSG eligibility score will be the Ontario representative to the CSG in its class and others shall be ranked accordingly.
- The winning boats and the second place boats in each class must attend a Team Ontario camp held in Toronto in the spring of 2017 date to be determined as well as a Team Ontario Camp being held at a date TBD.
- Those selected must supply a Coach Approved Yearly Plan based on their age and class of boat and must join the Ontario Sailing Team for the balance of 2016/2017.
Must be under 21 years of age and no younger than 15 years of age as of December 31, 2017.
Date of Birth between: January 1, 1997 – December 31, 2002
Must be under 35 years of age and no younger than 17 years of age as of December 31. 2017.
Date of Birth between: January 1, 1983 – December 31 2000.*
Competition is restricted to athletes with a Disability Classification of up to 7*.
*In keeping with the objective of targeting athletes within the Training to Compete (T2C) level of the LTAD, age exceptions will be considered for Para-Sailing athletes born outside the years listed whose athlete development level is consistent with T2C. The Canada Games and the Sail Canada recognize that an age-dependent criterion may not adequately reflect the entry of the developing para-athlete into sailing due to late onset disabilities through injury or medical condition. Sail Canada’s Paralympic Development Review Group in cooperation with the CGC will consider these special cases up to June 1 2017.
Website for 2017 Canada Summer Games being held in Manitoba