KYC is a private, member-owned yacht club in downtown Kingston. Founded in 1896, the Club has a membership exceeding 550, operates year round and has an annual budget of about $1.2 million.
The Club has embarked on an ambitious strategy to raise its standard of facilities and service to that of one of the premier yacht clubs on Lake Ontario and one of the premier clubs in eastern Ontario. To do so, the Club intends to re-furbish and greatly expand its harbour and, within the confines of its current property, greatly improve its amenities, member programs, and the excellence of its food and beverage offerings.
Potential candidates should have relevant CEO and general management experience in a private club or resort environment. Experience in a marine environment would be an asset. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Lead a volunteer Board of Directors to develop a strategic plan and to achieve the associated strategic goals, including building the Membership base, and expansion and renovation of Facilities.
- Lead and develop a cohesive team focused on delivering Member events and services of high quality.
- Build an outstanding and profitable food and beverage operation.
- Manage all aspects of the Club’s finances and financial procedures to ensure on-going strength and growth.
- Resolve conflict amongst the competing desires and priorities of Club Membership.
Excellent member/customer service skills are obviously vital.
To obtain documentation about the position, please call or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close on September 15th, 2014.