National Yacht Club on the waterfront in downtown Toronto is looking for a General Manager to manage operations. As the General Manager you will provide front-line leadership to a team of operations, administrative and service employees of 15 off-season and 40 during peak season. The operations budget is approximately $2.3 million and encompasses a wide variety of areas including food and beverage, event management and out on the water sports.
The General Manager in concert with an active volunteer Board of Directors is responsible for
- Member and Guest Services
- People Management
- Operations Management
- Business Planning and Strategy Development, Implementation and Accountability
- The key responsibilities of the GM will be to:
- Act as the chief operating officer of the club
- Deliver member services in an efficient and timely manner
- Ensure operations are always managed in a safe manner
- Build a strong front-line team by recruiting, coaching and developing employees
- Be a champion for the Club
- Develop and maintain a strong member and guest service focus to ensure member satisfaction, retention and growth
- Manage the club sales function
- Work with the Board to build business plans (strategies and action plans) to ensure financial stability and member satisfaction
Ideally, the manager will possess the following skills/attributes:
- Track record of providing strong member service
- Motivated to deliver positive, sustainable financial results
- Good business acumen, proven financial skills and previous P&L accountability – Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead and manage change
- Recognized team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Energetic, condent and persuasive
- Ability to establish profile within local community
- Good computer skills
- Minimum 5 years related Club or High End customer service experience
- Managed a group of more than 15 people
- Managed with a volunteer Board of Directors
To apply for this position or to obtain more information about the position, please e-mail NYC@madvice.com. National Yacht Club is located at 1 Stadium Road, Toronto (416-260-8686).
Posting Expiry: May 12, 2019
CLICK HERE for a copy of the Job Posting.
We thank all who apply but we will only contact those who we are interested in for further information.