NEW Pleasure Craft Electronic Licensing System
NOTICE TO BOAT DEALERS!
Transport Canada, Marine Safety is pleased to announce its new « PLEASURE CRAFT ELECTRONIC LICENSING SYSTEM ».
The new on-line system will allow pleasure craft owners to:
- Apply for a pleasure craft licence. Users will be able to UPLOAD and submit documents, and immediately receive an acknowledgment number (valid for 90 days) to mark on the side of the boat.
- Applicants can receive a copy of the pleasure craft licence by e-mail, which reduces mailing times, and allows the owner to retrieve a copy of the Pleasure Craft licence anywhere!
NOTE: Boat dealers may still submit the “Application for a Pleasure Craft Licence” online on behalf of their clients.
- Update contact information (change of address; change of name; telephone number).
- Advise Transport Canada of any modifications made to their boat.
- Apply for a transfer of a licensed pleasure craft.
To learn more about the new Pleasure Craft Electronic Licensing System (PCELS) and what it means for you, please visit the Transport Canada website at http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/debs-obs-paperwork-paperwork_boat_licence-3214.htm