Ontario Sailing is pleased to announce that we have awarded $2250 towards grass root programs in the Province. The funding comes from the legacy of the Huntsville Sailing Club.
From the many applications that were received, the committee (made up of members of our Board of Directors and an outside independent judge), agreed that the following clubs will be supported with funding:
- $500 will go to Fanshawe Yacht Club to support an “Introduction to Sailing Day” for community groups from Big Brothers/Sisters and the Boy Scouts to name just a few.
- $500 has been awarded to Guelph Lake Community Boat Club to aid in the reconstruction of a much needed shore based equipment shed rebuild which houses all their sailing school equipment.
- The committee also awarded $500 to LacDeschenes Sailing Club which will host a new Unregatta and Try It Day. LacDeschene used the Ontario Sailing Boom program for many years and now runs their own self-sustaining youth training program.
- An additional $500 has been awarded to Nepean Sailing club to expand their Unregatta to Optimists and 420s and offer the regatta with a very low fee.
- Ontario Sailing is pleased to support a new member to us, Honey Harbour Association, with $250 to support a second year of their sailing school which hosted our Boom Program this year.
The Huntsville Fund was created when the club had to close down due to lack of volunteers. Wanting to support grass roots, the trustees of the funds gave Ontario Sailing money to support initiatives around the province of Ontario.
We welcome anyone that would like to make a donation to the fund as we have only two years of funding left in the fund.
We thank those other clubs and schools that applied to the fund. All the applications were of a very high caliber but we could only fund some of them.
For more information on the fund, please contact Glenn Lethbridge at email@example.com.