Ontario Sailing Job Opportunity!
Position: Program Facilitator
Type of Position: FULL TIME (See Note Below)
Start Date: November 16th 2019 (Proposed)
Ontario Sailing is a not-for-profit, volunteer organization committed to the promotion and development of all aspects of boating and sailing. Ontario Sailing consists of over 200 member clubs, sailing schools, camps, charters & affiliates who represent over 10,000 member families. Ontario Sailing is the recognized provincial sport governing body responsible for sailing within the province of Ontario, and a member of Sail Canada, the national governing body. This is a responsibility we take seriously! We also take our role as an employer seriously, offering a range of benefits to our staff team.
This position requires a commitment to Ontario Sailing’s mission and values. Given the nature of the position, all offers of employment will be subject to the provision that the successful incumbent provides Ontario Sailing with a current and satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening Report at the time of hire.
Nature & Scope
Ontario Sailing is seeking a Program Facilitator to join our team. Individuals in this role will have hands on responsibility for implementing a variety of programs and events all aimed at promoting the sport of sailing throughout Ontario. This position will require a professional team player that does not mind rolling their sleeves up to work with the entire staff team on various programs, special events and communications related to the promotion of sailing across Ontario.
- Implement and actively lead the BOOM Mobile Sailing School Program – including instructing on the water all summer and year round communications with the program hosts. This includes preparing equipment and overseeing all aspects of program preparation.
- Champion Ontario Sailing’s presence at the Toronto Boat Show and other similar events where sailing promotion provides a return on our investment.
- Consistently execute social media activity for Ontario Sailing, promoting our programs and services, as well as sailing as a sport for all to try.
- Enthusiastically and professionally communicate effectively with a wide range of people representing Ontario Sailing throughout the province.
- Maintain all equipment and tools required to support sailing promotional activities
- Work productively with other staff and volunteers to deliver high quality experiences
- Maintain and upgrade as required certifications and qualifications.
- Sail Canada Certified Sailing Instructor – CANSail Level 1/2 is a required minimum.
- Higher sailing leadership levels, speciality levels and/or Cruising Instructor certifications are considered assets for this position.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR
- Pleasure Craft Operators Card
- Strong experience and knowledge of social media (specifically Facebook, Twitter & Instagram)
- Professional work experience in a similar or comparable roles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- G Driver’s License with clean driving record, comfortable driving organization’s trucks with trailers (Training can be provided).
Competencies for Success
Commitment to Service Excellence – Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance every individual’s experience.
Initiative – Does the right thing at the right time without being asked.
Persuasive Communication – The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences.
Teamwork – Actively builds teams and encourages open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness.
Time Management – Demonstrates ability to get things done effectively and efficiently, which means the right things done at the right time, with the appropriate amount of time spent on them.
Other Requirements and Conditions
The role requires a moderate amount of physical activity for tasks such as event set up, program preparation and program delivery. As the position is hands on leadership all summer the individual will be on the road across the province and also required to work weekends for travel. Weekends, evening and flextime may be required additionally in the off season especially for events.
While this position is considered fulltime, we would be open to discussions of a more flexible schedule at certain times of the year.
If you are interested in the opportunity to be considered to join our team please submit your letter of application and resume by Noon Monday October 21st (STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS) to:
70 Unsworth Dr Unit 17, Hamilton ON L8W 3K4
We thank all applicants, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Please note all interviewees will be asked to provide references at their interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. We will work with you to accommodate your needs in line with the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation through the application or interview processes, or any stage of the recruitment process, please contact Ontario Sailing directly at 1-888-672-7245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.