Position: Office Assistant
Type of Position: Full Time Seasonal Position
Employment Dates: May 9th to August 29th 2019 (Proposed)
Rate of Pay: $14.00 per hour
Ontario Sailing is a not-for-profit, volunteer organization committed to the promotion and development of all aspects of boating and sailing. Ontario Sailing consists of over 200 member clubs, sailing schools, camps, charters & affiliates who represent over 10,000 member families. Ontario Sailing is the recognized provincial sport governing body responsible for sailing within the province of Ontario, and a member of Sail Canada, the national governing body. This is a responsibility we take seriously! We also take our role as an employer seriously, offering a supportive staff team and development opportunities.
Nature & Scope
Ontario Sailing is seeking an Office Assistant to help perform the day to day tasks of the organization while ensuring excellent customer service is provided to our member clubs and sailing schools. This position is best suited for a student enrolled in accounting, as the Office Assistant will be working alongside Ontario Sailing’s Accounting Manager to support the various financial duties of the organization.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to staff.
- Provide excellent customer service to member clubs and sailing schools.
- Assist with preparing monthly bank reconciliations and monthly financial statements.
- Use Sage Business Accounting Software to assist with managing Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables and Inventory.
- Assemble information for external auditors for annual audit.
- Take sales orders and prepare orders to be shipped.
- Purchase merchandise for resale when authorized by management.
- Receive merchandise, verify quantities and record invoices.
- Assist sailing schools and clubs with using the Checklick reporting database.
- Prepare seals of accomplishments to mail to sailing students across the province.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office, Outlook, Sage Simply Accounting or QuickBooks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Note that no sailing knowledge is required
Due to government funding restrictions, this position is available only to individuals who are between the ages of 15 – 30 at the start of the employment; are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; has a valid Social Insurance Number; and is legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
How to Apply
Email cover letters and resumes to Laura Robson at email@example.com before May 3rd, 2019.
We appreciate all interest in this position, however only candidates successful in securing interviews will be contacted.
Ontario Sailing is an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. We will work with you to accommodate your needs in line with the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation through the application or interview processes, or any stage of the recruitment process, please contact Ontario Sailing directly.