Ontario Sailing Team
“Provincial Talent Squad” (PTS)
To make sure that the Ontario Sailing coaching staff and our partner Training Centres around the Province recognize all our talented sailing athletes, the new Ontario Sailing “Provincial Talent Squad” (PTS) has been formed. This program allows for those athletes sailing Optimist Prams, Open Bics, RSX, T293, Laser Radials, Lasers, 420s and 29ers to register for this unique talent identification program.
Each athlete will be able to attend an interactive dry land training day being held in Ottawa, Kingston and Toronto (other locations can be added based on demand). The four hour session will be run by one of the OST Coaches, an active Sailing Team Athlete and a Strength and Conditioning Coach (this may be by video feed).
The purpose of the day is as follows:
- Identify athletes and class of boat they sail
- Learn how to use a Yearly Training Plan (YTP)
- Learn the importance of a Yearly Fitness Plan (TFP) working with a Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Identify Goal setting for the year
- Help select a training center
- Receive a OST “PTS” tee shirt
- Review key events for the season and the importance of spring and fall training and competition
- Find out about invitation only training camps for PTS members (a fee will apply)
- Identity the process for being selected for the OST Tiers one and two teams and what to expect when invited on the team
PTS members will be invited to participate in daily briefings and de-briefs at the Grand Prix Series events. While the OST coaches are not their coaches for the summer (OST members of the Tier one and Tier two teams have direct support with their assigned OST Coaches), PTS members are encouraged to check in with the coaches on the water. The athletes will have an OST PTS Sticker to help identify themselves as members of this talent group.
Dry land day has been scheduled …
Ottawa at Nepean Sailing Club – March 24th 1pm – 4pm
Kingston at Kingston Yacht Club – March 30th 1pm – 4pm
Toronto at Fogh Marine – April 6th 1pm – 3pm
A follow up email will be sent for you to schedule your dry land day, identity the class of boat you sail and the Club/Training Centre you will be sailing from. This form will include details of your coach which will help the OST coaches in their efforts to communicate directly with them.
The fee for the PTS is $108 + HST.
Don’t be disappointed!
CLICK HERE to register online.