Host Club: Windsor Yacht Club
August 7 – 9, 2014
Sailing continues to be a core sport in the Ontario Summer Games. This year we are excited to announce that Windsor Yacht Club, one of our newest members clubs of Ontario Sailing and Sail Canada will be the host.
Games are great events to participate as an athlete and a coach. Athletes stay as a team and the Games experience includes high level coaching from our Provincial Coaching Team, all food, accommodations (shared room with another sailing athlete), transportation to and from the residence and the Club.
Athletes and their clubs need to supply their boats, and there is an opportunity for a limited number of coaches from Clubs to join the coaching staff and be part of a mentorship program building on their own skills as a coach.
Eligibility and Entry:
1) Open to boats of the 420 class with spinnaker, and Laser Radial.
2) Open to participants who represent a member club or organization in good standing with Ontario Sailing and who are under 18 years of age as of December 31, 2014.
3) Sailors in the 13-17 age categories participating in the Learn to Train stage of Long Term Athlete Development, will sail and compete in the following classes:
- Laser Radial-Female (single handed Olympic Class)
- Laser Radial – Male (Single handed development Class for the Olympic Class Laser)
- 420- Open (Double Handed development Class for the Olympic Class 470)
Please note sailors competing at Cork and Sail Canada Youth Championships can still compete in the OSG 2014.
Typical participants include those in the CANSail level 4-6 range, athletes transitioning from a class such as the Optimist Pram to the Laser Radial after racing the Optimist.
- Windsor area 2 each of Radial Male & Radial Female and 2 420 crews (four athletes in total) (preferably Mixed crew M&F)
After June 30th first come first serve bases if any spots are not filled. Ontario Sailing reserves the right to make any selection of athletes after June 30th 2014.
Fee is $245 +HST for each sailor (for 420’s, each sailor must sign up separately) and payable to Ontario Sailing.
For clubs able to send more than two boats, the third boat is free (pre-registration mandatory – please contact Ontario Sailing for manual registration of this boat).
This includes the full OSG registration fees, accommodations (all athletes and coaches must stay in residence), food, transportation to and from the residence, Ontario Sailing Shirt and Hat and coaching at the event from the designated coaches supplied by Ontario Sailing.
TO REGISTER ONLINE, CLICK HERE!
- Boat check-in: Thursday August 7 by 12 noon, afternoon welcome, rigging and short racing clinic on shore, opening ceremonies
- Dates of racing: Friday August 8-Saturday 9 2014, awards after the last race on August 9th 2014
There will be gold, silver and bronze OSG medals awarded to each class, 420 (2 medals of each colour, 6 medals in total), Female Radial (3 medals in total) and finally Male Radial (3 Medals in total) as well as Ontario Sailing awards for Gold, Silver and Bronze in each class.
All award winners will be invited to the Ontario Sailing Combine in the fall which is the tryout for the Ontario Sailing Team.
NOR: CLICK HERE
Ontario Sailing Contacts
If you have any questions, please contact Glenn at email@example.com or give him a call at 1-888-672-7245 ext. 224.
Head Coach for the Ontario Summer Games is Thomas Fogh, Ontario Sailing Team Coach