PCYC Seeks a General Manager
Founded in 1936, Port Credit Yacht Club (PCYC), has an inspiring history and proud traditions yet constantly changes and evolves with tomorrow in mind. Our location in Mississauga’s waterfront is secluded and peaceful yet conveniently close to all that the Greater Toronto Area has to offer and is known as the place where you “vacation every day of the week”. Acres of parkland with walking and hiking trails, well-kept docks, choice of dining venues, and racing, cruising and sailing training programs all add up to a perfect yacht club experience. With approximately 400 wet moorings and 800 members, PCYC enjoys a prominent place in the community and operates year-round.
Reporting to and working with the Board of Directors, the General Manager will provide leadership and direction to all areas of Club operations ensuring organizational alignment with the Board’s overall goals and strategies. The General Manager will develop short and long range operating plans, oversee financial reporting, and develop a customer-focused environment ensuring member needs are met in a professional, courteous and consistent manner. The General Manager leads and manages all Club management and staff and maintains effective relationships with members, guests, suppliers and other stakeholders and affiliates in the boating community.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who wants to make full use of their broad business and leadership skills in a supportive, progressive environment where you can make a difference and where high standards are a tradition.
Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree or equivalent with progressive levels of responsibility within a private club environment – yacht club experience preferred – and minimum 5 years’ experience at the General Manager level
- Certified Club Manager (CCM) designation preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a private club environment
- Strong club financial knowledge including financial management tools, cost management routines, financial and cash flow forecasting
- Strong business acumen with proven ability for creative problem resolution
- Demonstrated private club operational skills
- Demonstrated club food & beverage management
- Knowledge of boating and harbour facilities preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning, project management and execution skills
- Proven ability to collaborate with a Board of Directors
- Proven ability to deliver exceptional member service
- Ability to adapt to and manage change
Please forward your application to email@example.com by October 14, 2015.
Should you have any questions about this exciting opportunity, please contact the Commodore at firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate and thank you for your interest in this position but only those under consideration will be contacted.