Quest for Gold – Ontario Athlete Assistance Program 2014-2015
ATHLETE SELECTION CRITERIA
Quest for Gold – Ontario Athlete Assistance Program 2014-2015 (OAAP) is funded by the Government of Ontario, through the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport (MTCS), and operated through the Sport, Recreation & Community Programs Division. The overarching goal of the Quest for Gold – OAAP is directly related to the High Performance Sport goal of the Canadian Sport Policy – that Canadians are systematically achieving world-class results at the highest levels of international competition – by improving the performance and number of Ontario athletes performing at the national and international level, thereby contributing to the improved performance of Canada at international competitions.
Specific objectives of the program are:
- To help athletes continue their pursuit of athletic excellence at the highest levels of national and international competition;
- To encourage athletes to stay in Ontario to live and train;
- To compensate athletes for earnings lost while training;
- To enable athletes to successfully pursue excellence in sport while fulfilling their educational goals;
- To increase athlete access to improved high performance coaching; and
- To enhance training and competitive opportunities available to athletes.
The intent of the OAAP is to provide funding to individual athletes in the sport’s Train to Train and Train to Win categories based on their demonstrated commitment to high performance sport, allowing them to continue to pursue athletic excellence at the highest levels of national and international competition. Ideally an athlete will first receive a Quest for Gold “Ontario Card” for 1 to 3 years, which will allow them to train towards the goal of a national team position in subsequent years. Once an Ontario athlete reaches the national level and becomes a recipient of Sport Canada’s carding program, they become eligible for the Quest for Gold “Canada Card”.
THE APPLICATION PACKAGE (in either pdf or docx format)
THE YEARLY TRAINING & COMPETITION SCHEDULE TEMPLATE