The 2017 Stolze Cup Match Racing Championship of the Lake Yacht Racing Association set for September, and a 1 Day North U Match Racing Clinic on Friday, September 8.
Lake Yacht Racing Association (LYRA) announces its appointment of National One Design Sailing Academy as the host and organizing authority for the LYRA 2017 Stolze Cup Match Racing Championship, September 9-10, 2017.
The event will be based at National One Design Sailing Academy’s marine center in Bronte Harbour at 14 Bronte Road, Oakville, Ontario. Sailed aboard the Academy’s fleet of Flying Tiger 7.5m sportboats, the two-day regatta is planned to include a round robin, knock-out series, and finals. Each team of competitors will comprise 4 or 5 sailors.
The Stolze Cup is awarded annually to the regatta’s winning skipper from a LYRA member club. The winning skipper also receives an automatic invitation to compete in the Richardson Cup Match Racing Championship of the Yacht Racing Union of the Great Lakes for 2018 (the following year).
The North U Advanced Match Racing Seminar will be held on Friday, September 8. Spectators aboard their own boats are welcome to watch the action on Lake Ontario just southeast of Bronte Harbour on Saturday and Sunday. The Organizing Authority also invites Race Committee volunteers and qualified umpires, as well as others with a general interest in match racing to send Dave an email (email below).
Sailors desiring to participate in the regatta may request an invitation online through the OA website address: https://1dsailing.com (The application is under the “Events” tab). Click here for Direct Request for Invitation Link and NOR details.
• The intention is to have 75% of registration from LYRA Waters Region;
• National One Design Sailing Academy has applied for the event to be Grade 3;
• $800CAD (including HST) or $675USD (including HST) for the 3 day event,;
• The Friday is a North U Clinic with Saturday and Sunday as the regatta;
• Crew including skipper with 350 kg weight limit (4 or 5);
• 10 boats and 10 skippers to be in invited
• Applications to attend are due ASAP and no later than Monday, July 17th
• Invitations will be issued no Later than Tuesday, July 24 and are to be accepted within 48 hours of issuance with the payment of a $200 nonrefundable entry fee deposit;
• Late or unaccepted invitations will go to the next team in line, following this it will be first come first serve and invitations are at the sole discretion and the conditions of the OA; rules and prescriptions of the NOR are to be followed
We look forward to having you join us. Contact us with questions.
Happy Match Racing and we’ll see you on the start line!
Additional information is available from the event chair Dave Smith (email@example.com)