The BOOM Mobile is intended to give participants all across Ontario a fun introduction to the sport of sailing, and give them an opportunity to develop their sailing skills. This program teaches children the basics of sailing using Sail Canada’s CANSail 1 & 2 standards. By using a combination of double-handed sailing dinghies, we can introduce beginners to sailing while still challenging the intermediate sailor.
- Maximum Number of Participants: 16
- Type of Boat used: Laser Picos or R.S. Qubas (double handed dinghies)
- Age of Participants: 8-14 years of age
- Number of Instructors: Two CANSail (Sail Canada) certified instructors
- Additional Equipment Supplied by Ontario Sailing: Lifejackets & PFDs, two coach boats, various teaching aids
- Evening Classes: Adult Evening Classes are available. There is a maximum of 8 participants for the evening classes. The evening classes run Monday-Thursday from 6-9pm. If you would like to offer Adult Evening Classes on a Holiday week, the classes run for 3 nights only, Tuesday-Thursday at a pro-rated rate.
* Please note Registration is done on a first come first serve basis each year
BOOM – Instructors Only Mobile
• Age of Participants: Flexible
• Evening Classes: Typical classes run from 9am-4pm daily for one week. Evening classes typcially run Monday-Thursday from 6-9pm. There is a maximum of 8 participants for the evening classes. If you would like to offer Adult Evening Classes on a Holiday week, the classes run for 3 nights only, Tuesday-Thursday at a pro-rated rate. Ontario Sailing can work with each club to create a different schedule more appropriate for the club (if need be).
• Number of Instructors: Dependent upon the needs of the program
The Access BOOM program is similar to the BOOM Mobile Program traveling to different sites around Ontario. They travel with Access Dinghies – specially designed boats to meet the needs of sailors with both physical and cognitive disabilities. The Access Dinghies have a weighted centerboard/keel so they will not capsize, comfortable forward facing seat, joystick steering, and roller furling sail. This program provides participants with a fun and safe opportunity to learn how to sail. The CANSail certified instructors will teach the CANSail 1 & 2 levels and can modify the program to meet the participants’ needs and abilities.
- Maximum Number of Participants: 8 full-day participants or 16 half-day participants
- Type of Boat Used: Access Dinghies
- Age of Participants: 8 years of age or older
- Evening Classes: By exception, contact via email or ext.226
- Number of Instructors: One or two CANSail certified instructors
- Additional Equipment Supplied: Lifejackets & PFDs, a coach boat, teaching aids
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-672-7245 ext 226.