The OS Appeals Committee considers and decides appeals from parties to a protest or redress hearing and requests for confirmation or correction from protest committees, when these have been delegated from Sail Canada.
Unlike World Sailing Cases (which are authoritative) and Sail Canada published Appeals (which are advisable to follow), the decisions published here are for informational purposes only. The Ontario Sailing Appeals Committee does not review or correct decisions made using previous rules from previous years.
How to appeal or request confirmation or correction:
Refer to Appendix R in The Racing Rules of Sailing, including Sail Canada Prescriptions, 2021–2024, for the procedures to follow.
Appeals and requests for confirmation or correction are to be delivered to Sail Canada. When there is an association appeals committee, such as the Ontario Sailing Appeals Committee, Sail Canada may delegate the appeal or request to that body. Decisions of the Ontario Sailing Appeals Committee may be further appealed to Sail Canada. The decisions of Sail Canada are final.
Appeals and requests may be delivered to Sail Canada by e-mail. In fact, this is the preferred method as it speeds up the process considerably. The e-mail address for delivering appeals and requests to Sail Canada is firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no fee for making an appeal or request.
More information regarding Protests and Appeals can be found on the Sail Canada website at https://www.sailing.ca/protests-appeals.
To order the current Racing Rules of Sailing, CLICK HERE.
2020 (Decisions made under the Racing Rules of Sailing 2017-2020)
2019 (Decisions made under the Racing Rules of Sailing 2017-2020)
- Appeal OS 2017-03, Kokomo v. Ariana and Magic
- Appeal OS 2017-07, Mananan v. Renegade II
- Appeal OS 2017-08, Sea Ya v. Rhumb Punch
2016 (Decisions made under the Racing Rules of Sailing 2013-2016)
- Appeal OS 2016-05, F18 CAN 18 v. F18 CAN 007 / F18 CAN 18 v. F18 1255 / F18 CAN 18 v. F18 CAN 443
- Appeal OS 2016-06, F18 CAN 007 v. F18 CAN 18 / F18 CAN 443 v. CAN 18 / F18 1255 v. F18 CAN 18
- Appeal OS 2016-07, Zingara v. Zoo2 / Zoo2 v. Xoomer Xpress / Xoomer Xpress v. Carpe Ventus
2015 (Decisions made under the Racing Rules of Sailing 2013-2016)
- Appeal OS 2015-01, One Too Many Request for Redress
- Appeal OS 2015-02, Satori v. Lion’s Den
- Appeal OS 2015-03, Force 10 v. Mindemoya
- Appeal OS 2015-04, Spectrum v. Canadian Express
- Appeal OS 2015-05, Wayfarer 3854 Request for Redress
- Appeal OS 2014-01, Mandate v. Hanse
- Appeal OS 2014-03, Jamaica Me Crazy v. Thunderstruck
- Appeal OS 2014-04, Lightning 14174 Request for Redress
- •Appeal OS 2014-06, Archer v. Surprise
- Appeal OS 2014-07, Liane I v. Pegasus
2013 (Decisions made under the Racing Rules of Sailing 2013-2016)
- Appeal OS 2013-02, Wayfarer 10952 v. Wayfarer 3854
- Appeal OS 2013-04, Counter Intelligence v. Between the Sheets
- Appeal OS 2013-05, Loose Cannon v. Great Escape
- Appeal OS 2012-02, Wind Savvy vs. Windessence
- Appeal OS 2012-06, It’s a Conspiracy vs. Heart Breaker
- Appeal OS 2012-08, Debu vs. Heart Breaker
- Appeal OS 2012-09, Accelar vs. Snowflake
- Appeal OS 2012-10, Tantrim vs. Rebel 3
- Appeal OS 2012-12, Eclipse vs. X35 and The Black Prince
- Appeal OS 2012-13, Radial 169228 vs. Radial 199966
- Appeal OS 2012-14, Shark 739 Request for redress
- Appeal OS 2011-01, Accelar vs. Windblown
- Appeal OS 2011-02, Kookaburra vs. Steelin’ Away
- Appeal OS 2011-07, Request for Confirmation of Protest Committee’s Decision on Blew By U vs. Knotty Gurl
- Appeal OS 2010-01, T-Bone vs. Between the Sheets
- Appeal OS 2010-02, Goldon Beaver vs. Amicus
- Appeal OS 2010-06, Albacore 8030 vs. Albacore 7944
- Appeal OS 2010-08, Max Sand vs. Five Fifteen
- Appeal OS 2010-09, Irish Jig vs. Hawley
- Appeal OS 2010-10, Proclivity Request for Redress
- Appeal OS 2010-11, Albacore 8019 vs. Albacore 6857
2009 (Decisions made under the Racing Rules of Sailing 2009-2012)
- Appeal OS 2009-01, In Depth vs. Iroquois
- Appeal OS 2009-02, H16 Sail #109876 vs. H16 Sail #16 and H16 Sail #111822
- Appeal OS 2009-04, Windraker vs. Black Dog
- Appeal OS 2009-05, Accelar vs. Snowflake/Solstrom
- Appeal OS 2009-07, Request for Review of a Request for Redress by O Naturel
- Appeal OS 2009-08, Just Right vs Seattle Slewp
- Appeal OS 2009-11, Albacore Sail #8009 vs Albacore Sail #7166