The Sail Canada Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held virtually on Friday, October 16, 2020 at 5:00pm EDT. The AGM will be conducted using GoToWebinar in conjunction with ElectionBuddy running the election and motions. Virtual meeting access will be sent directly to all members in good standing, by email, by October 14, 2020.
Please take notice of the following purposes of the meeting that represent the draft agenda:
- To receive and to approve the minutes of the Annual General Meeting of members held on October 18, 2019 in Montreal, QC.
- To receive the Report of the Nominating Committee and to elect members to the Board of Directors
- To receive the report of the Board of Directors
- To receive the Operational report
- To receive the reports from the Provincial Sailing Associations
- To consider and confirm the following Notice of Ordinary Resolution
- To confirm By-laws as presented in Annex A; Bylaws (marked changes)
- To receive the Report of the Audit Committee, to consider the audited financial statements for the year ended April 30, 2020; and to appoint the Association’s auditors for the year ending April 30, 2021.
Consistent with Sail Canada Bylaw Section 3; Sail Canada members in good standing have the right to vote by proxy. If someone from your organization is unable to attend the Sail Canada AGM, you may assign a proxy. Ontario Sailing’s President, Peter Bradley, will be in attendance to vote on behalf of Ontario Sailing and its members. To vote by proxy, please download and sign the 2020 Sail Canada Proxy Form and email or mail the completed form to the Ontario Sailing office. (Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Mail to 17-70 Unsworth Drive, Hamilton, ON L8W 3K4).
- 2020 Sail Canada Proxy Form (designating Ontario Sailing to vote on your behalf)
- 2020 Sail Canada Proxy Form (blank)
For a proxy to be valid, the completed 2020 Proxy Form must be received in the Ontario Sailing office by mail or email no later than October 7th, 2020.
Documents and other supporting information related to the notice of meeting are available by clicking the related hyperlinks at https://www.sailing.ca/notice-of-annual-general-meeting